Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 - It's A New Dawn, It's A New Day, It's A New Life For Me.....

And I'm feeling good!

Michael Buble couldn't have said it any better.  I have found myself at a turning point in my life.  One which I may not have wished to have had bestowed upon me, but I have put on my big girl panties (or thongs, whichever you prefer) and have decided to take the bull by the horns.  With all these new changes in my life, what better time to re-evaluate my situation and make plans for a new, healthy me.

I have no doubt that this journey will be a difficult one, as it has been in the past.  But I have to say a huge THANK YOU to every one of you who have taken the time thus far to write to me.  You cannot know how meaningful and surreal it is to read the replies.  I am truly touched and honored to have you all following me on this road to the new me.  You have ignited a spark in me and I hope that you will continue to be my fuel source.

I am going into uncharted waters starting off this new year with a concept called Clean Eating.  In my first 7 days, I have lost 6.2 lbs!  I seriously had to do a double take on the scale.  I didn't even need the scale to tell that I had lost some.  I felt just....well.....different.  Not bloated or heavy like I usually was after eating a steak or carb-laden pasta dish.  I even tried two new dishes!  And they rocked the Casbah!

To track my calorie intake and monitor my fitness goals, I have been using www.sparkpeople.com.  This is a fantastic website to log your food entries, track your water intake and creates exercise programs for you.  My sister, Wendy, introduced me to this site back some time ago, and I have stuck with it.  I NEED to write things down so I can be accountable.  It is too easy to get off track.  Weight Watchers used this method years ago when I attended, and at that point I had lost 50 lbs, so it goes to show that it does work.

To get my 8 glasses of water a day, I have been filling up my 8 cup measuring cup and leaving it on the counter.  I find that room temperature water is much easier going down the gullet than cold water.  Drinking water has never been my strongpoint, but am trying to replace the diet soda.  My poor kidneys honestly don't know what's hit them.  They have never gotten such a workout.

And lastly, I have been faithful thus far in doing my 30 minutes of exercise a day.  I use my iphone to track my mileage.  I am looking forward to next week's weigh in!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I stayed up because I knew you were posting tonight Wanda! So proud and most of all HAPPY for you! You deserve every bit of this..good, peace and happiness. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. This is your life! You are a gift God has given to the world. Purposed...precious and PRICELESS! I read somewhere recently that : "The task ahead of you is not as great as the power in you." I believe in you. Consider yourself hugged! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. bravo Wanda. You can only go up from here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!!! Never give up. You have the strength both mentally and physically to make this happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda I loved your weightloss journey on Facebook. I always thought youwere a woman who holds power in her heart. Who lives to the best of your ability. I'm thinking of you and your struggles and hoping that you're doing ok. Thank you for being powerful enough to share your experiences so others can learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, girl! "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Bravo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you already know how proud I am of you, but there is still room to say it yet one more time: I AM proud of what you are doing and the fact you are getting your life back. And doing it the right way. Kudos to you for going after it!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxooxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooo

    xo

    ReplyDelete